Homegrown is a rapidly-growing Indian youth media company that prides itself in delivering quality content across multiple verticals that constantly excites and nurtures our audience. Since its inception in 2013, we have built a highly engaged community via our publication and we’re looking for a smart, motivated and resourceful individual to join our team.
I. SEO Editor
Homegrown is looking for an SEO Editor (who thrives on web culture) to work closely with our team to oversee and manage the editorial and publishing standards of our content. This is a one-year contract position. Are you driven by big ideas, innovation and good storytelling? Do you obsessively track developments in the digital media world? Does the idea of working with a creative and dynamic team to grow and cultivate quality audiences excite you? We want to meet with you.
You will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief and closely with the content strategy and editorial teams to manage the following executions and thinking:
- Helping to select and assign trending topics based on editorial requirements and audience potential
- Maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with editorial staff relating to target keywords, research queries, and inquiries regarding direction of stories.
- Regularly analysing keywords and identifying words that present opportunity for our editorial
- Working with our editors and sub-editors to implement and monitor various guidelines and best practices for the editorial team, while maintaining our standards of excellence.
- Making light editing decisions based on Homegrown’s style and voice.
- Performing quality control relating to keyword usage in copy, as well as more largely, meta deta, keeping in an eye to grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors, as well as search engine capability.
- Working with department heads on editorial calendar planning, ensuring the representation of search goals in a way that readers will find compelling, managing editorial-wide search engine performance-related efforts, and fielding daily questions from writers and editors.
- Pitching and writing content, and contributing to the site as needed.
- Creating weekly report to present to the Editor which include suggestions on how to implement effective SEO strategies based on findings to grow traffic.
- Sitting in on growth strategy meetings and creating short-term and long-term goals to work towards.
What You Should Have:
What We Have:
- A fantastic, passionate, individualistic team who’s seriously driven by great stories, building a better future for young Indians and know how to have fun.
- Excellent mentors who are dedicated to both your professional and personal growth.
- A wide network of creatives and disruptive thinkers across the country that you will have the opportunity to engage and liaise with over time.
- Endless energy for challenging the status quo and coming up with big, original ideas
-A space and opportunity for you to truly showcase your ability to grow digital audiences and disrupt the current thinking in Indian digital media. You’d better believe you’ll be credited for the same.
How to Apply:
Please send across your resume, previously published writing samples, a cover letter detailing why you want (and think you’re right for) this position to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Editorial Operations Associate’. You should also send across references, if they’re not already a part of your resume.
Note To All Potential Applicants: At Homegrown, we’re committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of anything from gender identity, caste, sexual orientation or disability. If you have the required thinking/ experience/ attitude/ willingness to work hard, we encourage you to apply.
We also have two other higher level positions open within our editorial department, that of Editorial Operations Associate and Lifestyle Sub-Editor. You can find all details, key functions and qualifications required for the role over here.