Homegrown is an Indian digital youth culture and lifestyle media platform for the creative class. It was started from a passion to change the narrative. There was an emergence of independent creators in every realm; people who were defying cultural stereotypes and bringing forth new perspectives. Homegrown is a celebration of emerging creative voices and the cultural zeitgeist of contemporary India – of being uniquely Homegrown.
At Homegrown, we look for artists who work with lesser-talked about and taboo topics like sexuality, gender, identity, and the likes. We talk about those who are underrepresented, underfunded, unknown. We look for entrepreneurs with side-hustles, with success stories, and failure stories with spunk. We are always on the lookout for identity-driven narratives that paint a picture of the socio-political struggles of our youth in this country. We look for street-culture and the people shaping it: the fashion designers, the b-boy and hip hop dance groups, the skateboard and rap crews. We look for reminders of the past, of history, of nostalgia. We look for intimacy, for authenticity, for voice. We look for the creators who are driving the creative economies around the country. We look for narratives untold. We are the undercurrents of Indian youth culture; we are what’s next, and we are what should be next.
Through our digital media publication, we build the identity for emerging voices for all facets of contemporary youth culture; through our agency/content studio we connect brands with today’s youth in ways that drive culture forward; and through our experiences, we create a cultural impact on the ground. We are a platform for every facet of contemporary youth culture and influencers across lifestyle, music, fashion, art, design, culture, food, entrepreneurship, social impact and more.
As a Creative Agency, a Content Studio, and an Experiential Arm, we have partnered with over 140 leading brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma, Bacardi, Converse, Gshock, HP, Fila, HDFC Life, Unicef, ABinBev – Budweiser, Hoegaarden, Corona, Diageo, AirBnB, Levis, CRED, The Taj Group, Audi, Royal Enfield, and several other brands on content, brand campaigns, influencer, and event marketing in the past 6 years.
Find more about us at:
www.instagram.com/homegrownin (Main Account)
www.instagram.com/homegrownstreet (Lifestyle & Street Culture Account)
- Sub-editing & proofreading text written by a number of authors.
- Working with content management systems and databases.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of in-house writers as well as a network of freelancers and contributors.
- Identify and secure junior and senior level writers as well as interns for individual content projects or the in-house team, depending on the need of the hour.
- Oversee brand content partnerships to ensure both the brand’s and our integrity + distinct point of view is being maintained and deadlines are being met.
- Taking part in content ideation and understanding when filtering is required to ensure it’s within the Homegrown voice.
- Maintaining an evolving and current bank of stories and story ideas.
- Checking that authors have cited all the required sources.
- Resolving queries directly with the author, e.g. style and text inconsistencies.
- Creating artwork briefs to detail the content of illustrations.
- Ensuring that illustrations are correctly captioned and referred to in the text.
- Ability to repurpose content across these platforms.- Design innovative solutions to optimise content coverage.
- Work closely with the SEO and digital marketing team to understand and extract key trends, topics and themes that will help us engage our target audience.
- Manage the content and copy approval process across all verticals and maintain a consistent voice and tone throughout all digital channels and assets.
- Producing or working to a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc.
- Discussing and resolving any potentially libelous sections with the author.
- Retrieving articles from archives and reworking them for publication.
- 3+ years copy editing & writing experience for print and/or online publications
- Excellent English skills, both spoken and written. Flawless spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- An understanding of the special requirements for writing online, including the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation, SEO and the importance of brevity.
- To be on the pulse of contemporary youth culture and the emerging trends in the creative industries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across the board to work between teams, as well as external affiliate partners.
- To have the ability to work in a creative, nimble startup, managing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Sound editorial judgement with an understanding of which brands and products are relevant to Homegrown’s readership
How to apply: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org